Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back to Work

Wow! What a whirlwind couple of weeks! So many, many different feelings about going back to work. On one hand it has been really nice to go back to work. I really love my job and the money doesn't hurt. On the other hand I miss my little guy during the day and I don't want to miss anything. The great thing about my job is that it is so consuming while I'm there that the time flies. But the minute I go out to get into the car to go home, I can't wait to pick up Jordan! I also find myself being jealous of my daycare provider because she gets to spend all day with Jordan and I don't. I know it sounds crazy, but if you are a mom I'm sure you know what I mean. I also haven't figured out how to work, cook, clean, take care of Jordan and somewhere in there make time for myself. Even though my husband is extremely helpful and does all things Jordan every morning and one day on the weekend. I think it will take a month or so to really get into the swing of things. I just hope and pray that I don't miss his first word or his first step or any big milestones. To be honest, if I do miss them, I hope that my daycare provider doesn't tell me about it and lets me believe that when he does it with me, that's the first time. Anyone having a hard time going back to work after being home with their little one? What are your tips/tricks to making it through?

1 comment:

  1. Heather...I only substitute a couple of days a week, but I know a little bit of how you feel. On the days that I sub, I miss Grant SO much! It is hard to think that someone else is getting to be with your child :( I don't really know what advice I would give on how to make it through. I always like to think about how much Grant is going to learn through being with other people throughout the day instead of just me. He is going to be so much better rounded and have so many more experiences in being around different people. It's good for them to not be so dependent on us that they can't function around other people. Don't know if that helps...but hang in there! God knows your needs! :)

    ReplyDelete